Deadline: February 21st
Description: Last year, MEA awarded 43 scholarships totaling $47,250 ($1,500 scholarships to 20 new winners and $750 scholarships to 23 returning college students). Scholarship amounts for 2019 are not yet determined.
- Dependent of an MEA member or MEA-Retired member in good standing
- Graduate of a Michigan public high school or private high school that has an MEA bargaining unit
- Will attend a Michigan public community/junior college, four year degree granting institution, or a vocational training institution that grants a degree, certification or license. Those attending the following private institutions ONLY will also be eligible: Adrian College, Albion College, Baker College - Flint/Owosso, University of Detroit-Mercy, and Finlandia University.
- Children of MEA officers, fund trustees, and MEA staff are not eligible.
- Academic achievement
- Extracurricular activities
- School/community service
For scholarship application go to: www.mea.org/mea-scholarship. The application can be typed into, saved and then printed for signature to be mailed with the required documentation.